Everyone Needs Some Chuck In Their Life
Before I introduce my next topic, I’m going to pose a few questions:
- Did you love Firefly and the follow up movie Serenity?
- Did you love Arrested Development?
- Were you a fan of The O.C. before it went really far south?
- Have you ever shopped in, worked at, or even seen a Best Buy/Circuit City/Future Shop?
- Did you watch Sneakers and think, “Hmm, these geeks are the bee’s knees”?
If you can answer yes to any (or all) of those questions, and you haven’t been watching Chuck, you don’t know what you’re missing. Now in its second season, Chuck stars Zachary Levi as Charles Bartowski (a.k.a. Chuck), a run of the mill Nerd Herd member at the local Buy More. To make a long story short, an old friend in trouble at the C.I.A. hacks into his brain and inputs all of the government’s secrets, then blows up the mainframe they were originally stored in. This leaves Chuck as the most valuable asset the C.I.A. has, and turns his life upside down.
He is given the wonderful Adam Baldwin and the stunning Yvonne Strahovski as protectors, and hilarity insues as the lovable and bumbling Chuck helps outwit a wide range of super-duper bad guys the world has to offer.
Chuck also stars a great ensemble around the main three, including Joshua Gomez as Chuck’s best friend Morgan, Sarah Lancaster as his older sister Ellie, Ryan McPartlin as Ellie’s fiance Devon (a.k.a. Captain Awesome), and more recently Tony Hale as Emmett, the new Buy More assistant manager.
No comments yet.